Arnold’s rules on life and living your dreams
1. TRUST YOURSELF If there’s something you dream of having, being or doing, go for it. Don’t let anything stand in your way. The truth is that you can achieve whatever you want, it’s just whether or not it’s worth it to you.
2. BREAK THE RULES ONCE IN A WHILE “It is impossible to be a true original if you’re too well-behaved. You have to think outside the box”. What rules are you playing by? What beliefs do you have about what you should or should not do; beliefs that could be holding you back from being your best you? Are you resisting starting a business because you think it wouldn’t be financially stable? Not following your gut on something because it seems ‘wrong’ or uncertain? How will you know unless you try?
3. DON’T BE AFRAID TO FAIL Now is the time to stop telling yourself thayt you’re not good enough, smart enough, thin enough, big enough, that you don’t have the genes, the connections, the right wardrobe. If you have dreams then follow them no matter what. Every failure just brings you one step closer to success.
4. DON’T LISTEN TO THE NAYSAYERS “I never listen that you can’t” Enough said.
5. WORK YOUR BUTT OFF “I recommend you sleep faster!” – I love this quote from the big man, although I wouldn’t necessarily say cut back too much on sleep. But the idea of working faster, harder, more directly and of making snap decisions rather than dilly-dallying around with busywork and Facebook? That certainly appeals. After all - “None of my rules of success will work unless you do“
6. ALWAYS FIND TIME TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK It’s all too easy to get stuck on doing ‘important’ or ‘productive’ things rather than stopping to think about the things that truly matter to us. I know I’ve been guilty. When all is said and done, who or what do you really care about? And are you happy with what you’re giving to them, either in time or in other ways?